NYCO brand is a wollastonite supplier of choice for ceramics. Wollastonite’s unique chemistry is one of the key characteristics that sets it apart from other ceramic materials. Wollastonite acts as a natural frit due to its chemical composition, has a low loss on ignition and lowers CO2 emissions. More recently, NYCO has developed new grades of high aspect ratio wollastonite that take advantage of its acicular structure to offer the industry a cost-effective reinforcement for advanced ceramics, whitewares and structural clay bodies.
Benefits of our NYCO wollastonite in traditional ceramics and structural clay bodies:
- contribution of CaO to glaze formulations without outgassing
- maintenance of high brightness value during firing
- higher impact strength from acicular structure
- reduction of thermal expansion
- LOI of less than 0.5%.
- improved Glaze Strength and Surface Finis
Benefits in advanced ceramics:
- strength as a sintering aid, which accelerates densification of alumina and zirconia (fine particle size wollastonite)
- reinforcement to near net-shape green structures (high aspect ratio wollastonite)
- low sintering temperature