Imerys wollastonite grades impart benefits to many elastomers including gaskets, belts, plugs, O-rings, seals and molded parts for improved physical properties and/or reducing costs compared to competitive fillers.
Imerys offers a portfolio of low to high aspect ratio wollastonites ranging in surface area, brightness, and particle size distribution. All grades have excellent dispersibility which is critical for highly filled systems and low shear mixes. In addition, Imerys offers a variety of customized chemical modifications to enhance properties and performance further.
Key Benefits Include:
- Lower Raw Material Costs
- Improved Flex and Fatigue
- Excellent Tensile and Compression Strength
- No Moisture Uptake – Resistance to Moisture
- Stable at High Processing Temperatures
- Lower Viscosity
- Increased Tear and Abrasion Resistance
- Reduction in Heat Build-Up
- Longer Product Life
- Excellent Flame Retardant Properties