Wollastonite is the next generation of high performance mineral reinforcements for friction materials. Its fiber-like structure gives improved friction stability while reducing cracking and rotor wear. OEM and after-market manufacturers can utilize wollastonite to partially replace chopped glass as well as other fibers for cost savings and improved properties. Wollastonite is also a key ingredient in the replacement of asbestos.
Key Benefits of Wollastonite in Friction Include:
- Primary Ingredient in the Replacement of Asbestos
- Partial replacement for Chopped Glass and Synthetic Fibers
- Cost-Effective Replacement for Milled Glass Fiber
- Improved Friction Stability and Mechanical Properties
- Reduction or Elimination of Cracking
- Improved unit, flash and pre-form molding
Tripoli is a natural, soft, cost-effective mineral offering manufacturers improved friction stability due to stable, interface/transfer layer, replacement of expensive abrasives, decreased rotor wear and reduction in wheel dust and noise.