NYCO wollastonite is an ideal performance additive for numerous steel industry applications. Its consistent chemistry, low melting point and inclusion modification properties make it excellent as an additive for continuous casting mold powders, tundish powders and for the production of tire cord steel, cold headed steel and machining steel.
Wollastonite also prevents re-oxidation, provides lubrication and helps reduce nozzle blockages during steel production.
Key Benefits by Application include:
Continuous Casting – Mold and Tundish Powders
- Low melting point (1540 degree C)
- Prevention of Re-oxidation
- Absorption of Non-Metallic Inclusions
- Uniform Heat Transfer
- Reduction of Nozzle Blockages
Slag Conditioning and Inclusion Modification
- CaO Source
- Low Melting Point
- Enhances Control of Oxygen Content
- Forms Deformable Anorthite Inclusions – Tire Cord Steel
- Helps Prevent Nozzle Blockage