Imerys Raw Graded Perlite, when expanded, offers a number of key advantages in plasters and mortars used primarily for coating and finishing walls.
Expanded perlite is a vital ingredient in projected/sprayed lightweight gypsum plasters or mortars, which are specially formulated to be mechanically sprayed on the wall. When used in this application, the expanded perlite brings the following benefits:
- enhanced fluidity of the paste during pumping
- higher workability when pressing and compacting
- substantial increase of insulation properties
- smooth release of water during hardening (no cracking)
- greater elasticity combined with higher wall adhesion
- lower coefficient of linear expansion
- improved the whitest finish colour
- reduction of raw material needed
Imerys Raw Graded Perlite offers a variety of the highest quality graded raw perlite in specific granulometries for use in plasters and mortars. Imerys’ mineral reserves along with our long experience and expertise ensures product consistency and reliability of supply. Operating a number of expansion facilities in Europe, North America and China, Imerys is also able to provide tailor-made expanded perlite solutions for a variety of specialized lightweight plaster and mortar applications.