Imerys Micrasil® is a high activity natural pozollan produced from a naturally occurring high active aluminosilicate mineral of volcanic origin. It is processed in a new state of the art plant in Rabigh Industrial City (Saudi Arabia) and brought into a powder form with the mean grain size below 6 μm and with traces retained on 45 μm.
The main application of Micrasil® is in both structural and non structural Portland cement –based concrete mixtures with the purpose to increase mechanical properties, durability and resistance to chemical attack (e.g. chlorides and sulphates), suppress the alkali silica reactions and lower the heat of hydration. It is used in high performance concrete, fiber cement, UHPC, cement mortars and cement groutsor slurries.
Key features and technical benefits
- Consistent chemistry (sourced from own mine), consistent quality
- Improved workability and workability retention
- Improved consistency and pumping of concrete
- Improved mechanical properties
- Improved durability (low chloride permeability)
- Reduced cost by reduction of pasticizer dosage
- Whitish color makes it easy to use in colored or architectural concrete and mortars
- Used in the production of High Quality Green concrete
- A natural and sustainable product, as linked to very low CO2 load
- Locally produced
Natural pozzolan is the only Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM) proven to enhance, fortify and protect concrete for millennia. Witness the iconic concrete structures built by Roman engineers nearly 2000 years ago.
ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007